• 3lbs of Mollejas (Sweetbreads)
1. Fire up the grill and clean it properly.
2. Bring a pot of water to a high boil.
3. Remove Mollejas from bag, rinse under water and toss in boiling pot. Let it reach a boil again and let boil for 2-3 minutes.
4. After 2-3 minutes, remove from boiling water and let them cool down.
5. When ready, trim the strings and web-y looking bits. Cut off any excess pieces that are hanging or cannot be properly trimmed.
6. Once trimmed, butterfly each piece. Squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle with Chef's Sea Salt over all the mollejas.
7. Once the grill is nice and hot, place the pieces of mollejas on a medium heat section of the grill. Cook each side for about 15 minutes, and leave a third flip for finishing off whichever side isn't done. Please note that these take more time to grill than steaks do.
8. While the last bit is cooking, slice a lemon in half and grill the cut-side down.
9. When everything is ready, remove pieces and spray with a little bit more lemon.
10. Serve and enjoy :)
This exotic meat is well worth the effort to cook. You and your dinner guests will love it!