Cook time: 35 minutes
Ingredients & Items
-AXEL Chimichurri (Traditional or Verde)
-2lbs Rib-eye, if possible ask for Tomahawk Rib-eye
-2 Steams of Rosemary
-2 Cloves of Garlic
-1/3 stick of Butter
-Grill or Skillet
-AXEL Chef's Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Remove meat from the fridge. Allow time for steak to reach room temperature.
- Turn on the oven to 270F. Salt Rib-eye, coarse salt, on both sides.
- Once the oven is ready, place Rib-eye in the oven directly on the rack. Add foil beneath for leakage. Leave Rib-eye in the oven for about 20 minutes. Monitor the internal temperature. Please note that the steak will continue to cook in the next steps. (For Medium Rare- remove at 120F. For Medium- remove at 125F).
- Once the desired temperature is reached, remove the steak and let rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place the skillet on the stovetop over high heat.
- CAUTION: Once Rib-eye is rested and the skillet is hot, cut the butter in two pieces, place in skillet, add 2 garlic cloves, and stir the butter with rosemary until butter is almost melted.
- CAUTION: Gently place Rib-eye on the skillet, no more than 2-4 minutes on each side. Don’t forget to sear the edges of the Rib-eye as well.
- Once all sides are seared, remove the steak and let sit for 5 minutes. Add pepper to taste.
- Add AXEL Chimichurri flavor of your choice.
- Serve & enjoy :)
I hope these tips help elevate your gatherings and create memorable experiences for all your guests. If you have any questions or other tips, please feel free to email us.